Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Week 10 - A Car Ride With The Sun

 I was in the car with a friend recently, and whenever I am in the car (and not driving!) I love to look out the window and observe the world outside. During this moment however, I noticed that the sun was starting to go down rather late. Though daylight savings time makes us lose an hour of sleep, for once I appreciated it, as it allowed me to watch the light of the sun at a much later time than I was used to! Its position in the sky between the trees was so beautiful that I had to snap a picture of it! I managed to capture this picture where the sun was so bright that it almost looks as though there is a hole in the tree and the sun is shining straight through it! Though I am not quite understanding of this phenomenon, it does make me wonder if perhaps the light is so powerful that it is all that our eyes can see, therefore making us unable to see that area of the tree.
I really love the way that the light casts the shadows of the trees upon the street, and how the light wraps around the trees to make them stand out so nicely against the blueness of the sky. It makes me think of the tree as a real life gobo, with the sun's light shining through it and creating beautiful shapes on the ground. This was a really nice and peaceful drive home, and now that I drive myself, I rarely have time to gaze out the window of the car and observe the world passing by me nowadays. Therefore, I was really happy to capture this beautiful picture during this particular car ride home.

-Diane

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful image and last post. I love the power, yet softness, of the shadows

    ReplyDelete