Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 10: The Eye of God


Last Monday after a particularly rewarding rehearsal I was alone in my best friend's garage when I heard a voice from the heavens. It was not, in fact, the voice of god, but a rather stern copilot ordering some party to disperse. I stood and watched for awhile, and thought of class, and thought of context, thought of the absurdity of a party that big on a Monday night, and began to cycle through all of the two-words that I could use to frame this incredible beam of light removed from it's real world context: SPACE ALIENS... EUREKA MOMENT... PROFOUND ISOLATION... INESCAPABLE TERROR... FASCIST TOTALITARIAN... THE ONE... GOD'S CALL... MEMENTO MORI... HERE, NOW... FATEFUL DECISION... TRUE LOVE... INEVITABLE DISCOVERY...

And that's what I'll remember from this class (amongst one or two things), because if I think long and hard enough, I'll keep finding two words that might just work. Context is everything.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing photo and great post - a wonderful exercise I should have my grads do on a regular basis :)

    ReplyDelete