Saturday, March 12, 2016

Week 10- What"s Not To Like

Ending this class, I have decided to save my favorite picture for last. It brings together so many things I love. I found this picture to be truly beautiful at the beginning of this quarter, but now I begin to find a different kind of beauty in the lighting. I love sunsets, always have. I love the warmth this one gives off while still keeping the "cool" colors the sky has most of the day. But, after working on all of these Our Town projects, I now realize just how visually captivation this image is. It brings in the joy and comfort that I found in Our Town and tried to create through my lighting. How amazing it is to find that exact type of feeling I was trying to create in real life. This was taken, looking out on Hunington Beach, which is basically in our backyard. Irvine may not be a small town like in the play, but it still is able to give me the same types of emotions. I view light everyday and still have a high appreciation for sunsets, but this specific sunset has even more meaning now after taking lighting design than I ever thought it would. Thank you for giving me that!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful image and last post. So glad you were able to revisit it and get more from it.
    It was fun having you in class, stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete