Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Week 10: We Are Infinite


This photo was taken on the pier at Newport Beach a couple weeks back. I love this photo because it has a feeling of connection and unity. I have also started looking at light in the capacity of how it can affect a story and what pictures inspire me with ideas. Along with the circles of light I also really like the background. It's supports the lights really nicely. When looking at this picture, the feeling reminds me of the book and movie Perks Of Being A Wallflower. The ending moments in the show, have the three main characters going through a tunnel and the lead character is riding in the back trunk of the truck with his hands stretching upwards to the top of the tunnel and you can see at the end of the tunnel where the colors are changing and becoming closer by the second, encompassing the whole view. Part of the monologue that Charlie (lead character) states is,

"I can see it. This one moment when you
know you’re not a sad story. You are alive. And as you stand up and see the lights on buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you are listening to that song, on that drive, with the people you love most in this world. And in this moment, I swear…… we are infinite."

I really connected with this picture, this story, this lighting class, and these blogs that we have been doing.

Au Revoir,
Not Goodbye,


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful last post - great connections to story, emotions and light :)
    It was great having you in class and I look forward to more talks about light with you :)

    ReplyDelete