Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 8 - Brilliant Lights of Seattle

I was in Seattle the other weekend and took a Lyft to the airport. I was sad to leave, but also couldn't help but admire the lights strung in the trees lining the street. The twilight setting created a brilliant periwinkle sky and dark shadows for buildings and trees. This made all of the lights on the street pop out and almost blur together. The string lights in the trees, the stop lights and the cars' brake lights created a collage of twinkling lights shining in the night. The sheer number of lights, each more intense than the darkness around it, was overwhelming and captured my full attention. I couldn't look away. The enticing beauty and energy of so many lights on one street made me really not want to leave, especially because it reminded me of the exciting experiences and magical memories that I associate with being in Seattle.

1 comment:

  1. Great image and wonderful post - great connection to the image and your emotional state

    ReplyDelete