Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 8: Fireworks



I saw a fireworks show up close last weekend, and I was amazed by the spectacle of it all. It really made me think about how light, something most of us see every day, can make us feel different emotions based on the different forms it can take. Even the size of light could affect how we feel about it. This picture reminded me of how we can use different "brush strokes" to elicit different emotions from the audience. This picture shows a 10 inch shell, and these fireworks are usually reserved for large shows and finales. 2 inch shells are nothing compared to this, and 2 inch shells are pretty boring on their own. 10 inch shells, on the other hand, are usually fired on their own to produce awe from the audience, and I was certainly awed by it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice image and great investigation of brushstroke and the impact can lighting have

    You seem to have a large amount of info on fireworks :)

    ReplyDelete