Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 4: Mac n Cheese


I was awake in my apartment late at night, and I was craving a snack. I was preparing microwaveable mac n cheese for myself (as college kids do),  and I decided to take a picture of the moment. The only light source in the room was coming from the microwave, and I was intrigued by how it affected everything else in the room. Because of their positions, the packet of artificial cheese and water bottle were the only things being lit. I liked how the position of the light affected them in different ways, with the packet being mostly lit from the back and the bottle being lit from the side. Unlike the packet, there was only light on the bottle itself, creating an effect that made it look the bottle was floating in space. In the end, I was interested by the fact that there were so many specific parameters needed to be able to create this final but simple effect.

1 comment:

  1. Nice subtle image! - try to include what emotions you get from the images as well as what you feel is happeing

    This is the Week 6 post, not week 4

    ReplyDelete