Monday, February 15, 2016

Night Drive



Night Drive



    Last week my roommate and I took a drive down to our home town of San Diego. It was 5:30- rush hour- so we took PCH, a beautiful alternative to the 405. The last orange glow of daylight rested on the horizon as we approached the long stretch of the coast. Under it, the pacific ocean glistened like a bed of diamonds. We pulled up to a stop light less than a quarter mile from the highway and I noticed the small crescent moon was already visible in the sky. The glow of the street lights shined over the intersection, making it known that the transition to night time was making it's way. The luminescence of that scene made me feel so alive. The blend of the lambent evening sky and the vibrant neon of the automotive lights transmitted a warm energy. There was a buzz in the air, but there was also a calmness. It reminded me of that song "Sometimes I Get a Good Feeling," because that's what the light of that scene was for me, a blend of good feelings.

1 comment:

  1. Nice image and great connection from the moment in light and your emotion!

    Remember to put the week # in the subject line

    ReplyDelete