Saturday, February 13, 2016

Week 6- That View Though

The other day, I was walking back after a very long and stressful day of school. I got off the bus and started walking to my apartment door, when I was suddenly met by this gorgeous view. I had a moment where I simply stopped in place to admire what wonderful thing was taking place in front of my very eyes. I, then, took a picture of this moment so I could have a visual memory and so I could also use it for my lighting blog. It wasn't until I had gotten into my room, looked back at my phone, that I realized what I had actually captured. Not only had I caught the amazing sunset, but I also got the lights that are present at the ARC fields. I thought this was really neat because I was able to capture both natural and artificial light in one specific area. It's cool to see the color distinction between the two and how, although the sun is warmer and truthfully blue, it is shown as the orange/red color that we usually associate warmth with. While, the artificial lights are more of a blue tint which is associated, in our minds, as cooler. It's pretty awesome that I am starting to use my knowledge from class to observe the sun and light I see in everyday life in an extremely different way.

1 comment: