Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 6: Atmospheric Lighting

Two elements of lighting that I enjoyed here were the lighting coming from overhead and the lamps around the stairs. These lights created a pleasant, welcoming atmosphere and I could tell that without these lightings, the area would have looked a bit gloomier. The natural lighting from overhead by the sun was nice but the place felt a little secluded. It made sense that this area felt secluded because it was the second "room" to the entrance of Disney Club 33. I think they were successful in creating this "hidden" atmosphere but wanted to add a sort of magical entrance and to a certain extent, I believe the lights create a magical scene. Out of all the lights here my favorite is the one being held by the statue because the light really stands out more than the others and actually lights the statue, which is beautiful in itself. It's the first light that caught my attention and the way it is being held and lit created a sense of welcoming to the room. 

3 comments:

  1. A great study in what is called in the theme park world - Character Lighting - the themed lights are called character lights

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Actually love this lighting picture I feel as if this is alice in wonderland and that there are going to be many mysteries going around. Very mystic mood

    ReplyDelete