Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week #8 Starbucks Sentiment










I work at Starbucks and I like to explore different ones around the area; this is a starbucks in Santa Ana on Bristol and Warner. I happened to catch its sign on a good day, despite what the picture shows. What caught me about this was the color and angle the light hit it at. The color of the building and sky retain vibrancy, while there being some hints of shadows from the sign. The day was also a particularly bittersweet day to me as I had taken this after visiting my old store and I felt, considering, the projects we have been working on it relates as it depicts the setting as well as the emotional state. It was bright and vibrant as I visited and had nostalgia hit me, but the shadows accurately show the shadow that was left over me as I left and remembered it wasn't my store anymore. It also wasn't too bright and blinding on the front just a nice, muted light that didn't overpower. It says what I couldn't say.

1 comment:

  1. Nice image and nice ties to your thoughts

    You should do advertising for them :)

    ReplyDelete