Thursday, February 25, 2016

Week 8: Wheel of Light

When I am at Disneyland, I notice the lighting and the way it effects me more than I do in daily routine. This was a picture I took a couple weeks ago when I was admiring the scenery around me. I looked up and saw this wondrous trick the sunlight was doing to my eyes and to my camera. The backlighting from the sun created a beautiful, but not yet complete, silhouette of the ferris wheel in California Adventure. I definitely love the way the sun can play and change up our tradition ways of seeing light, especially when our common source of light is the sun. The multitude of shapes, images, and effects the sun can make always stuns me. This is one of my many silhouette and shadowed pictures that I have taken lately. I know I still and probably always will lean more towards lighting done in this fashion, but it is neat to see the different ways in which I see the light after taking this class.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I was going to say, of course you notice lighting more at Disneyland, because it is designed by a designer, then you do a post all about natural light :)

    Very nice post and observances

    ReplyDelete