Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 6 - Foggy Afternoon


I know this is the second time I am posting a picture of Laguna Beach, however I feel the contrast between the two images is noteworthy. The first picture I posted featured a beautiful, sunny Laguna Beach and a vast blue ocean. Today, after fighting traffic all the way through the canyon, Laguna Beach looked much different. It was around 4pm and though the sun shone brightly in the sky, a thick grey fog filled the air; the air was so mucky that you couldn't see the ocean. The clouds were thick and dark, they seemed like they could have been clouds of smoke and the added traffic of Valentine's weekend made the scene reminiscent of post-apocalyptic chaos. It wasn't until I was high up on a hill and away from the hectic streets and thick fog that I was able to catch a glimpse of the ocean. The dark, ominous clouds rolling in over the ocean and engulfing the Paradise of Laguna Beach made me feel slightly uncomfortable, like something unknown was lerking around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Nice image and great connections to your emotional state as a result

    ReplyDelete