Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 8

It was a Tuesday night and I was walking home from the store with a bottle of cabernet and a pint of vanilla ice cream in my hand- as I usually do when my roommate's parents come over for dinner. On this particular occasion, a full moon rested over me in the sky. It was about 7 PM and families began to gather for dinner through the window's of each house I passed. Under the dim glow of street lights, l could see only the silhouettes of the trees standing in their yards. I turned the corner of the block and noticed a string of yellow lights laced between the branches of a backyard tree. It's slight flicker gave life to an otherwise motionless portrait of an empty home. It created a sepia-toned aura around the backyard that felt very nostalgic to me. The light source was simple and minimal. It's amber hue complemented the milky glow of the moon- a combination of warmth and cool. It was pleasing to the eye and-much like music- it had the ability to transport me to places residing in my memory and imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Really nicely composed post - great connection between the image, quality of light and the story it told to you

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete