Saturday, January 16, 2016

4th of July at Its Finest


One of the top holidays in the world that showcases light would be 4th of July. When I think about lights, I often think of a celebration or a positive subject (Festivals, Christmas, Sunrises, Sunsets, The stage when lighting up an actor's face. Obviously there is a way to make light look not so positive and to look more dark and mysterious, but for this particular blog, I will be focusing on the positive side of lighting. 

So back to 4th of July, this picture was taken by my one of my best friend's older sister when we were having fun with the giant sparklers around 10:30pm. We have so many pictures from that night and I love seeing how light falls in pictures.I was a little afraid to light up the sparkles but once they were in my hand I could not keep my eyes off the light. It was like a bunch of little tiny sparkles in the air that because I was holding it- I felt like I was creating the night (Even though that was not true, I was just steering the night). The idea of light and how it is created in so many ways is so fascinating to me. I am so excited to dive deeper into light and start to thoroughly understand it.

Au Revoir, 
A

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. Wonderful excitement about light and an appropriate holiday to talk about how lighting can excite the world, literally and figuratively

    Remember for future posts to include the week # in the subject line

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete