Sunday, January 17, 2016

Winter Week 2: Morning



I was on a plane when I took this picture, and I was able to watch the sun rise and come up above the clouds. With the sun coming up, we can see the transition from darkness of the night to the first moments of morning. The light from the sun was very white and created the blue color that is the sky. As the light from the sun went over the clouds, the texture of the clouds can be seen and created a shadow that I thought added depth. It can’t be seen in this picture, but the cloud’s color also shifted from black to grey to a dirty white. I hadn’t expected the sudden onset of light, so when the sun started coming up, I felt more awake, and the mood shifted from cold to warm.

1 comment:

  1. Great image and nice observations about how the light affected you. So much research is being done about what color of light helps us sleep and wake and much of that research is being implemented inside new airplanes, but nothing can replace the actual sun :)

    ReplyDelete