Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4 - Reflections


I find it funny that the second photo I'm choosing for the blog is another reflection photo of a fountain. I took this photo a while ago on my phone. There was barely anyone on campus at the time, and this specific angle and the lighting immediately caught my eye. There was enough light from the sun to reflect the scenery from the fountain and the glass panes in front of the Claire Trevor Theatre. Something about seeing a bright scene reflected is calming and soothing to me. This photo, unlike the previous one, is filled with less warm colors. The presence of more cool colors makes the image more calm, more static. The image is less vibrant, and the lighting here makes the brighter cool colors provide a sense of stillness. The brightness of the natural light in this photo really brings more out of the photo for me. The ripples of light across the pond add an element of motion to an otherwise still scene. It's like a painting of the much clearer scene on top of the photo. While this isn't one of my favorite photos I've taken, I was immediately drawn to taking it because of the lighting above all else. This is a place that I've passed for over three years at school and I've never been more compelled to take a photo. 

Love & Happiness,

Jerel Xander Aurelio Cabesas

2 comments:

  1. Great image and wonderful explanation and comparison to the other post

    Nice job

    ReplyDelete