Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4-Paint the Night


Disneyland has become a great interest of mine in the past year, and for the first time in such a long one I was able to sit down and watch the parade. No, I didn't wait billions of hours to snag a spot, but just calculated my time and attacked a spot, and because of that I got this picture. It was something spectacular in the contrast of the night sky as they turn off all the lights in the surrounding area to get the desired effect of coloring a dark world with beautiful, pigmented colors. After watching each float go by Belle's came along and granted she wasn't my absolute favorite, I felt she was the one that had the most with her outfit. I was curious about the extravagance of the lighting and what was lighting the dress. Was it just a shell and the interior was filed with a light to give the effect? Or was it hundreds of small lights that made it up? I was enthralled by the brightness and then the contrast of the other candles to make it individual, and also cohesive the the atmosphere even more contributing to the beauty of the lighted dress and also give the feeling of candles and the actual color of the flame. Even in the small of the background the rose is crafted with different complementary lights to give it a nice hue and shade. This parade made an wondrous viewing for lights and what they can portray.

1 comment:

  1. Under the dress is probably a wash light, rather than many

    Nice image and analysis - I got a sense for how it made you feel but try to be more specific in future posts about the emotional impact

    ReplyDelete