Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week 2 - The Grand Canyon

 


This summer on my way to Irvine from Texas, I went to the Grand Canyon. This was taken in late August at the North Rim at sunset. This view actually took my breath away. I love the colors of the sky as the setting sun's light bounces through the clouds. The way the yellow-orange swirls into the pale pink against the lovely light blue sky. I also love the shadow of the rain in the distance. It was as if all of this color was dancing on top of the slowly darkening canyon. Parts of the canyon itself were highlighted by the sun's light while other areas were almost black in the shadow on the canyon floor. Sometimes I think shadows or storms in the distance can feel ominous or scary, but not in this scene. The light and colors of this picture make me feel peaceful and hopeful. The shadow of the rain clouds and falling rain in the distance against the light brightness of the sky felt like a fresh start or something cleansing. This scene brought a stillness to both my mind and body. I found myself engulfed in a quiet peace as I stood there in that moment.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post - great analysis mixed with your emotional response, this types of investigation will really help you in your projects in class :)

    ReplyDelete