Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4 The End of the Rainy Day

I took this photo this Sunday afternoon. It was super rainy and windy all day, but when I came out of the supermarket this afternoon, the rain clouds were beginning to give way to the sun. It was about 4:30 in the afternoon, so just before sunset. I was struck by the brilliant contrast between the dazzling setting sunlight and the gray rain clouds. I love the bright blue sky in the top corner and the hints of blue sky peeking through the deep gray rain clouds. It had been a long and somewhat stressful week, but as I stood there looking at the sunlight streaking through the clouds along the horizon causing the buildings and trees to appear as a simple silhouette and vivid blue sky peering out from behind the layer of clouds, I felt refreshed and calm. It was a moment that reminded me of the beauty that is all around us everyday, if we just take the time to notice it.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice "Our Town" moment for you. Great connections between the atmosphere/light and your emotions :)

    ReplyDelete