Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Pier Adventure



During the Thanksgiving break I went on several adventures with my partner and her parents. Many of these adventures took us to amazing beaches and waterfront locations.  I have always gained a sense of stillness within myself from hearing the ocean water form into waves and crash as they hit the rocks and shoreline. As we approached the pier I became more excited about taking in the view. It was a little windy, so the pier was relative empty. However the sun glimmered off the water and the pier was warm and welcoming. As we walked down the pier the sun shifted behind clouds creating depth within the layers of clouds, and placing most of the pier in a cold blue shadow and causing the water to become an eerie gray. In this moment I found myself more relaxed as the gray clouds moved and seemed to roll above me. It was as if the gray water and clouds melded into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment