Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Week 4 - A Calming World


Before school started, on my way back from Montreal, I looked out the window and saw the most beautiful sky I’d ever seen from a plane. I don't know what time of night it was, because it was in the middle of the flight and I don’t know what part of the country we were currently in, but it’s bright enough to make me think it was early evening. I really like that despite the bright pinpoint of white light from the moon, the rest of the picture does not have a clear light source. The darkness blended into the middle makes it seem like light is coming from above and from below, but it is difficult to tell. The light is most likely reflecting off of the clouds at the bottom, and maybe the source is at the top, but I’m still not sure; it might be the other way around. Because there is no clear light source, it almost felt like I was floating in this other world, suspended in a weird fluid or atmosphere that is very smooth and flowy, unlike how it feels to stand on the rough solid ground of the earth. I also really like how the colors of the light blend smoothly. The soft blending, along with the various blue tints, makes the overall world calming and soothing.

1 comment:

  1. Great photo and connection between what you believe is happening and how it is making you feel :)

    ReplyDelete