Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4- ARC Parking Structure

Late last night I was spending some time with my friends at the top of the ARC parking structure. We've made it a tradition for us to come here whenever something good happens, or if we need to clear our minds. The view here is breath taking and you can see all of Irvine. It's amazing how much of the city is visible from this building. My favorite time to come to this place is at night, the perfect moment to behold all of the city lights. While standing atop this building, staring off into the distance at the skyscrapers, I had the instinct to capture this instance on camera so that I could remember it in the future. The night sky was perfectly contrasted by the individual lights emanating from the various buildings. This produced a lively atmosphere, one that allowed me to soar over the city spiritually and mentally. Despite the whisks of clouds in the sky, the light from the stars were still able to shine through and brighten my mood. This was truly an ethereal experience, one that allowed my mind to wander aimlessly and forget about everything. Oddly enough, however, I also felt that I could grasp the universe. To others, this view may just be one of city lights, but for me it means so much more. For me, this picture and view represents all of my hopes and dreams. I aspire to be cruising around the city one day, attending work in the field that calls to me. Standing atop this place, with no noise except for the whistling of the wind, I was able to travel to a new world and visualize myself living in the hustle and bustle of the city.

1 comment:

  1. Very poetic post. Sounds like a wonderful tradition and one you will remember for a long time.

    Great connections between an image and how other might see it vs what it did for you in the moment. Would be wonderful to try to capture in light onstage :)

    ReplyDelete