Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4: Light & Architecture

Scrolling through some pictures, I came across this one and I just had to put it on the blog because it instantly made me say,"Wow, thats a pretty picture with beautiful lighting." I also remembered seeing the building lit up during the walk. The lights give a huge emphasize on the architecture of the building. It isn't only the lights that capture my attention but the shadows as well I would also say that the lights make the building seem taller than what they actually might be. For instance, the lighting and shadows on the columns give them an elongated appearance, emphasizing the importance of the building. If it weren't for the lights, passerby's wouldn't be able to see the elegant, sculptural details on the building.

1 comment:

  1. Nice analysis of architectural lighting - it really can tell a story much like we do in theatre

    ReplyDelete