Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week 2 - Disneyland Diamond Celebration


 

Disneyland was always a place that inspired awe within me. Even from when I was a child, until now, I would have memories of the lights, smellsI would just take every sense in and feel so much happiness. The castle was always the most memorable to me as a child. To me, it always seemed so big and majestic. It amazed me that when I came back when I was much older, I still felt the same way. Coming back for the 60th Diamond Celebration, I found that the castle was bedazzled in jewels, and found the lighting of it to be so spectacular. The amount of work put into lighting the castle is incredible, with what I think to be individual lights on the roofs to create the sparkling effect, and bright pinkish and white lights that highlight certain doors and architectural areas. The beautiful gradients/washes of dark purple and blue colors for the castle walls give the castle a calming yet royal, majestic feeling in the night. 
I find the lighting technique and the color choices to be amazing as well. The gradient effect of making the castle go from darker at the bottom to brighter as it goes up especially allows for the castle to look much larger. Though the castle is actually not as big, from afar the lighting of it creates a perception that the castle is much taller and more magnificent. The bright rays of light that shine from behind the castle as well really helps in the overall look of the presentation of the castle, making it even more eye catching! The amount of work put into the lighting of Disneyland will always be inspiring to me, as it helps to make every Disneyland visitor's experience even more magical. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice image and great analysis of the design and acknowledgement of the work that goes into it.

    Please also think and comment in your posts about how the moment affects you emotionally.

    ReplyDelete